Who builds a website and starts a blog during the holidays?! Yeah. That’s crazy and doesn’t promote that taking a step back during the holidays I’ve been reading so much about. Oops.
It would be super crazy if I had done it on a whim. Or if I wasn’t already doing it over on Instagram. But I’ve been contemplating this for MONTHS. I’ve been dragging my feet mostly due to self doubt (that’s where most of my procrastination comes from). All those thoughts that “I’m not good enough to have a blog.” “I have nothing new to say.” “I’m not a therapist and therefore have nothing to say about mental health.” “No one is going to read it anyway.” need to shut up. And if no one reads it, well, fine. I tried. And the trying and failing and getting up again – that’s often more valuable than success. So I’ll ask myself WWBBD? (What Would Brene Brown Do?… you can find out what she would do here), and JUST DO IT.
Here’s what I plan to share with you on in Style and in Sanity that I can’t quite do on Instagram.
- Style tips with more than one photo at a time – yes, I know I can make a collage on Instagram. But you know what? Those look messy and people don’t engage as much on those posts. And tips are easier to understand when they are next to the photo they explain, right?
- Links to my favorite products, services, wardrobe pieces. If you can get it online, I’ll share the link. Instagram isn’t link friendly. And I know you don’t want to type in some crazy URL when you want to buy something. Occasionally there will be Affilliate links, but not to worry, I’m not spending my time searching what I can promote that I don’t really care about. I’ll only recommend it if I love it (and I love that Brene Brown book I referenced, BTW).
- Lots and lots of words… typing with my thumbs gets old quick. And when you have a lot of good things to say, the phone’s keyboard isn’t ideal.
- Honesty. I promise not everything will be a stylized shoot done by a professional photographer. In fact, most of it won’t be. I promise to tell it like it is. I promise I don’t have it all together and I won’t pretend like I do. Life is good, but it’s messy… much like my kitchen most of the time.
- More about mental health. Bottom line, that’s hard to photograph. Which brings me to my next and final point…
- I reserve the right to post here without a photo. So often I leave important thoughts off of Instagram because I don’t have a good picture to share. And the last thing anyone needs to see is a stylized photo of coffee and coziness when you really want to talk about anxiety and stress.
I hope you’re cool with all of the above, want to hear more, and that you’ll follow along as I share my journey in Style and in Sanity.
3 thoughts on “in Style and in Sanity: A Website Is Born”
Sounds like great reasons to me! Welcome to the world of blogging. I’ll be reading 💕
Thanks so much! I’m excited to have your encouragement and readership!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Sign me up! Love everything about this!